The specification of exact duties are outlined on shift check-lists, but it is also very important to ask questions as they arise and to absorb all additional information so that you can better serve our clients and make our care for their pets the very best that it can be.
Grooming Assistant Major Duties and Responsibilities
– Assist groomer with restraining, holding, and/or lifting an animal.
– Bath animals as directed by groomer.
– Greet clients and bring grooming animals to and from the grooming room during check-in and check-out times.
– Walk and exercise grooming animals as needed.
– Maintain the grooming facility and equipment by performing tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping floors, wiping counters, cleaning cages, and checking equipment and supplies.
– Be available for work on weekends to assist with grooming boarded animals.
Skills and Abilities
– Effectively communicate in the English language both in writing and orally.
– Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
– Regularly stand for extended periods.
– Frequently walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch, and lift or move up to 50-100 pounds.
– Maintain confidence around pets.
Experience, Education, and/or Training
– Some high school education
Send your CV to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org